Reports To: Chief
Shift/Hours of Work: Full Time
American Hospital Tbilisi (AHT) is seeking a highly skilled, experienced Chief Financial Officer who will be responsible for management and integrity of the total financial operations and resources. The areas of responsibility and oversight include case management, general accounting, financial reporting, accounts payable, payroll, budget, health information management, patient financial services, insurance relations and revenue cycle.
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Define the short-term and long-term action plan and objectives of Finance Department and Patient Financial Services Management (PFSM) Department
* Responsible for management of Financial projects, drafting internal policies and procedures, improvement of business processes
* Plan, assign, direct, and monitor the work of subordinate staff; develop and/or approve schedules; analyze and distribute projects, assignments and workloads; evaluate employee performance consistent with Hospital policies and procedures; respond to employee grievances and complaints; initiate and coordinate staff selection and training processes; ensure that staff activities comply with organizational expectations
* Prepare and submit, for approval, annual operating and capital budgets; analyze, interpret and report monthly financial reports to the CEO
* Assist Supervisory Board in financial planning and analysis, forecasting, budgeting, interpretation and other ad hoc analysis and reports; support Senior Leadership in critical business and investment decisions from financial perspective
* Develop recommendations for services that will provide for the financial sustainability of the hospital; direct the preparation of all financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, reports to shareholders, tax returns, and reports for government regulatory agencies
* Make recommendations regarding hospital involvement in payor networks, and monitor strategies for access to care through inclusion in appropriate payor contracts
* Keep current with all government regulations affecting the fiscal policies and procedures; provide assistance as requested in other fiscal matters; perform ongoing review of economic, social and governmental influences interpreting their effect on the financial performance of the organization
* Oversee budgeting, audit, tax reporting, cost reporting, revenue, reimbursement, A/P, A/R and cash flow activities; participate in establishment of Chargemaster and its importance to a health system.
* Establish financial metrics and responsible for comparing results to appropriate benchmarks to ensure efficient utilization of resources and to enhance the financial position of the organization; review, interpret and analyze financial and statistical data and advise the CEO, Supervisory Board on all matters and conditions in financial areas
* Maintain executive responsibility for financial operations, including working capital, capital expenditures, debt levels, taxes, budget, and general accounting; establish and maintain stable cash flow management policies and procedures, and ensure cash resources are available for daily operations and business and product development.
* Manage outside lending and equity relationships, as well as relations with investors and shareholders within the investment community; supervise investment and raising of funds for business
* Study, analyze and report on trends, opportunities for expansion and projection of future company growth; act as Financial Spokesperson for AHT
Education and Experience
* Minimum 5 years’ experience in hospital financial management with increasing responsibilities for multi-faceted direction and planning
* At least 2 years of supervisory/leadership experience
Demonstrated Skills and
* Effective Communications, Negotiations and Conflict resolutions skills
* Cash Management, Financial Accounting and Corporate Finance Competence
* Strong Analytical Skills
* Leadership Skills and Strategic Vision
* Project Management skills
* Change Management skills
* Ability to optimize the operational processes to achieve objectives
* Time Management Skills
* Ability to develop, appraise and motivate subordinates
* Team Building and Management Skills
* Crisis Management Skills
* Risk Management Skills.
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy, please send an email at [email protected].
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest and only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.Apply