“American Hospital Tbilisi” – the primary objective of AHT is to establish itself as an example of hope in Georgian medicine, as we exist to perfect health!
Throughout the Caucasus, the hospital provides a completely new infrastructure. It’s equipped with state-of-the-art ultra-modern medical equipment and instruments, including the following:
- Optical equipment;
- Carl Zeiss’s two state-of-the-art microscopes, which enable the treatment of a broad variety of medical conditions through microsurgery;
- A modern, Storz-made endoscope that enables the population to receive entirely new and distinct forms of endoscopic surgery, including resection of pituitary adenomas and other skull-based tumors;
- Two catheterization laboratories equipped to conduct endovascular and internal vascular procedures;
- Laboratory of superior quality;
- Magnetic resonance imaging – MRI equipped with functional magnetic resonance imaging at a field strength of 3 Tesla;
- Multilayer computed tomography;
- X-ray densitometry.
The Neurosurgery Department of American Hospital Tbilisi provides a comprehensive range of medical services to patients throughout the Caucasus. Neurosurgical procedures of any complexity can be performed at the hospital.
The highly experienced neurosurgeons of the hospital provide a comprehensive spectrum of therapy for neurological disorders using a variety of innovative approaches:
- Modern approaches to stroke treatment;
- Microsurgical and endovascular treatment of cerebral aneurysms and other vascular pathologies;
- Head and spinal cord tumors;
- Pain in the neck and lumbar segment of the spine;
- Various congenital and developmental anomalies;
- Epilepsy surgery.
Here you will receive the exact same medical care as you would in the leading hospitals of Europe and the USA since the great majority of doctors working here have spent several years in various, well-known hospitals throughout Europe/
Edisher Magalashvili, a Neurosurgeon and Doctor of Medicine, is the Head of the American Hospital Tbilisi Neurosurgery Department.