American Hospital Tbilisi – AHT Department of Surgery is equipped with advanced, high-tech, American and European equipment and modern surgical instruments.
Most surgical interventions will be performed with minimally invasive techniques – with the help of KARL STORZ 4K, 3D and Olympus 4K, 3D video endo systems, and ultrasonic scalpel – THUNDERBEAT. The higher image quality of these systems significantly increases the efficiency (suitability) and safety of surgical operations performed. This is a small list of the latest equipment that the “American Hospital Tbilisi” is equipped with!
“American Hospital in Tbilisi” offers a full range of surgical interventions for all major pathologies of the abdominal and thoracic organs, as well as surgical diseases of soft tissues.
The structure of the Department of Surgery includes:
• Emergency surgery;
• Abdominal surgery;
• Chest surgery;
• Oncology surgery;
• Mini-invasive surgery;
• Endocrine surgery;
• Soft tissue surgery;
Main areas of surgical treatment:
- Emergency and general surgery – all types of emergency and planned surgical interventions, both “open” and laparoscopic methods; Oncosurgery – all types of operations on tumors of the stomach, liver, pancreas, intestines, lungs, esophagus;
- Hepato-pancreato-biliary surgery – all types of surgery, treatment, and diagnostic interventions on the liver, pancreas, and bile ducts, including high-tech interventional radiology and endosurgery procedures;
- Coloproctology – all types of conservative and surgical treatment of diseases of the colon and rectum, including laparoscopic and endo surgical interventions;
- Chest surgery – surgical treatment of diseases of the chest and mediastinum, including modern methods of fully “closed” thoracoscopic interventions;
- Bariatric surgery – surgeries due to excess weight and related complications.
Advantages of treatment in the department of surgery of “American Hospital Tbilisi”:
Medical services are offered here by highly professional nurses who have completed internships and advanced their qualifications, both in Georgia and abroad – in leading foreign clinics (USA, Germany, Japan, Turkey, Israel, etc.). Along with experienced doctors, patients’ health is taken care of by professional, attentive nursing and junior medical staff.
24 hours a day, the medical staff is ready, if necessary, to provide quick and professional help and advice to patients. Most importantly, there is a comfortable environment tailored to the needs of patients.
Above all, the surgeons of “American Hospital Tbilisi” work closely with specialists in various fields, in particular: hospitalists, cardiologists, anesthesiologists, intensivists to ensure that surgeries are carried out as safely as possible and subsequently managed. In addition, it is important that local medical staff actively cooperate with foreign counterparts in the form of online consultations, as well as joint surgeries and clinical studies.
The hospital is a unique multidisciplinary complex, created in accordance with the modern requirements and standards of the world. The advanced medical technologies of diagnosis, preoperative preparation, surgical treatment, postoperative supervision, and rehabilitation are combined in one space, which makes it possible to reduce the patient’s hospital stay to a minimum, both before and after surgery.
The priorities of the Department of Surgery are:
- Patient safety is paramount
- Individual, personalized approach to the patient;
- Ensuring maximum security of operations performed with a multidisciplinary approach;
- Rapid introduction and use of new and innovative surgical procedures;
- High-quality service and quality assurance without compromises.
The Department of Surgery is headed by Professor Merab Kiladze;
The department of emergency surgery is headed by Assistant Professor Giorgi Kherodinashvili;
The department of mini-invasive surgery is headed by Doctor of Medicine, Anzor Lagvilava;
The department of chest surgery is headed by Assistant Professor, Gia Lursmanashvili;
The bariatric surgery department is headed by Academic Doctor of Medicine, Koba Sekhchidze;
The department of soft tissue surgery is headed by the Doctor of Medicine, Kakha Todua.