Orthopedics – Traumatology – Overview
Orthopedics-Traumatology is a field of medicine that deals with traumatic, congenital, or acquired pathologies of the human body’s musculoskeletal system.
American Hospital Tbilisi – AHT orthopedics-Traumatology Department, a team of qualified orthopedists led by Giorgi Obgaidze, provides 24-hour surgical and conservative treatment for both adults and children.
The hospital performs virtually all types of traumatological and orthopedic surgeries:
- Hip and Knee joints Arthroplasty using Zimmer Biomet products;
- Reconstructive orthopedics: surgical treatment of the shoulder instability,
patellar instability, etc .;
- Hand and Foot surgery;
- Arthroscopic surgery – pathologies of the Knee, Wrist and Ankle joints;
- Post-traumatic complications;
- Osteosynthesis with MIPO modern methods
- Pediatric orthopedic pathologies: Ankle deformities, Flatfoot, Cervical
deformities, Hip joint dysplasia, etc.;
- Pediatric Traumatology: Fracture fixation with MIPO technique using
- Operations in the orthopedic department of AHT are performed with the so-
called MIPO, mini-invasive equipment.
Why choose AHT
Because the hospital is equipped with state-of-the-art medical equipment:
- The newest Siemens magnetic resonance imaging device with 3 Tesla capacity;
- The newest Siemens 128-slice computed tomography machine;
- The newest Arthrex arthroscope;
- The newest Siemens C-Arm X-ray machine, which provides the best intraoperative imaging;
- The newest microscope
Patients can obtain both emergency and planned medical care using this equipment 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The AHT orthopedic department’s team of professionals, led by internationally qualified orthopedic-traumatologist Giorgi Obgaidze MD, performs surgeries and outpatient manipulations of various scopes and complexity. Qualified orthopedic-traumatologists provide patients with personalized, sophisticated, and rational therapy approaches that are tailored to their specific needs.
In consideration of the patients’ health situation, the AHT orthopedics-traumatology Department team works closely with the hospital’s adjoining departments. The hospital team collaboratively reviews each patient’s health state and, based on rigorous laboratory testing, administers appropriate treatment.