The Department of Gynecology of “American Hospital Tbilisi” offers women both outpatient and surgical care.
The gynecology outpatient department provides medical care to patients according to modern standards. In order to confirm the diagnosis, the department offers patients a full range of services using the latest methods.
Due to many environmental factors, genetic predisposition, and the number of other conditions, the frequency of oncological pathologies has significantly increased. Their delayed detection often results in a difficult and unreliable solution. Our unit focuses on the timely detection and treatment of these pathologies and also their prevention/screening.
Take for example malignant pathologies of the cervix, which is one of the most silent and asymptomatic insidious diseases. Therefore, screening for cervical pathologies, in particular, routine Colposcopy and Pap-test are some of the simplest and safest methods to detect them. Early detection of cervical dysplasia is a guarantee for survival!
Highly qualified doctors of the Gynecology outpatient department offer complete gynecological examinations to patients. They are the ones who create the various Check-Up packages, which in turn implies early screening and timely treatment.
In addition, every mother wants her child to be born healthy and beautiful, so caring for a child should start from the mother’s health, and caring for the little one – from the time of pregnancy. Therefore, proper planning and subsequent management of pregnancy is a prerequisite for health!
Diseases – Cervical diseases are divided into benign and malignant pathologies. Even any benign pathology that we cannot detect in time and therefore do not treat, after a certain period of time can lead to irreversible damage.
Any symptom that the patient does not pay attention to and considers insignificant is, in fact, worthy of attention and It is possible to turn out to be crucial!
What are the symptoms associated with cervical cancer?
- Bloody or brown discharge from the vagina between menstrual cycles; Prolonged and excessive menstrual cycle;
- Pain during sexual intercourse;
- Brown or bloody discharge after sexual intercourse;
- Pain and discomfort in the lower abdomen;
- Unusually excessive amount of discharge from the vagina (unpleasant odor and different color);
- Bloody discharge or bleeding after menopause.
The Gynecology outpatient department is equipped with the latest medical technologies, allowing professional doctors to detect gynecological pathologies in patients early and in time, in particular, detect oncological pathologies in time and carry out screening, which includes:
- Colposcopic examination;
- LEEP biopsies;
- Diagnostic hysteroscopy.
The gynecological surgery department of the “American Hospital Tbilisi” offers patients a full range of gynecological and onco-gynecological services.
Accurate diagnosis and highly qualified treatment of any gynecological and oncologic pathology are carried out here.
The hospital is equipped with advanced European quality equipment.
Gynecological and onco-gynecological surgeries of any scale are performed by ultra-modern, both laparoscopic and hysteroscopic methods, as well as with abdominal section and vaginal approach.
Modern treatment methods and patient-centered approaches are used for treatment:
- Laparoscopic diagnosis of infertility and their treatment – organ-sparing operations on the uterus with both laparoscopic and hysteroscopic as well as laparotomy method.
- Laparoscopic surgeries on appendages – cysts of the various genesis of the ovary (corpus luteum cyst, follicular cyst, ovarian endometriosis, dermoid cyst)
- Operations on the fallopian tubes of the uterus – hydrosalpinx, pyosalpinx, hematosalpinx, healing process in the small pelvis;
- Ectopic pregnancy;
- Ovarian cyst rupture – apoplexy;
- Twisting of the ovary and/or fallopian tube;
- Polycystic ovary syndrome;
- Surgical treatment of tubo-ovarian inflammatory formation – pelvioperitonitis, Douglas abscess;
- Laparoscopic treatment of endometriosis – all types of surgeries for deep endometriosis;
- Uterine leiomyoma – subserosal, intramural and submucosal leiomyoma by laparoscopic and hysteroscopic method as well as laparotomy method;
- Radical surgeries – total hysterectomy of the uterus by laparoscopic and laparotomy methods, subtotal hysterectomy;
- Vaginal access surgeries – vaginal uterus extirpation, anterior colporrhaphy, posterior colporrhaphy, Bartholin’s gland cyst, Bartholin’s gland abscess, minor vaginal access procedures, vaginal or vulvar polyp
- Diagnostic and operative hysteroscopy – the uterine polyps, cervical polyp, submucosal leiomyoma of the uterus, endometrial hyperplasia, endometrial resection and ablation, defects in uterine development, uterine/cervical partition.
Gynecologic oncology surgeries:
- Extended Hysterectomy – Wertheim surgery. Excision of aortic lymph nodes as well as an ovarian transposition in case of cervical tumors;
- Hysterectomy, omentectomy, cytoreductive surgery-reduction of metastases, extensive excision of the peritoneum of the abdomen and pelvis, hip and paraaortic lymphadenectomy (in case of malignant tumors of the ovaries);
- Hysterectomy with hip and paraaortic lymph resection, omentectomy – in case of malignant tumor of the uterus;
- Vulvectomy, regional lymphatic section- in case of malignant tumors of the vulva;
- Anterior, posterior, and total eccentricity.
The Department of Gynecology and the surgical department is headed by Zaza Tsitsishvili, Oncologist, Doctor of Medicine;
The outpatient department is headed by obstetrician-gynecologist Tamar Tskhomelidze